- PHP is a widely-used general-purpose
scripting language that is especially suited for web development.
- We use PHP for the majority of the application logic of Cerb and
- MySQL is the world’s most popular open
- We use MySQL to persist all long-lived data.
- Devblocks is a commercial open-source
framework by WebGroup Media LLC for rapid PHP5 Application
Development which provides many reusable “nuts and bolts” services.
This approach lets your team spend more time solving your project’s
target problem. It has been heavily influenced by over 9 years of
experience working on Cerberus Helpdesk (Cerb), agile methodologies
like extreme programming, and many innovative frameworks like
Eclipse/RCP (cross-platform native desktop apps in Java), Tapestry
(web development), and Hibernate (object relational mapping).
- Devblocks provides the application framework, development
platform, and software architecture philosophy for all Cerb
functionality and plugins. Without Devblocks there is chaos.
Library that simplifies HTML document traversing, event handling,
animating, and Ajax interactions for rapid web development. jQuery is
- We use jQuery for all of the Ajax and dynamic web-based
- jQuery UI provides abstractions for
low-level interaction and animation, advanced effects and high-level,
that you can use to build highly interactive web applications.
- We use jQuery UI for the majority of the interface components:
tabs, dialogs, autocomplete, drag & drop sorting, effects, etc.
- Smarty is a template engine for PHP,
facilitating the separation of presentation (HTML/CSS) from
application logic. This implies that PHP code is application logic,
and is separated from the presentation.
- We use Smarty to render the majority of the interface HTML and
- Swift Mailer is a component-based
library for sending email from PHP 5 applications.
- We use Swift Mailer to compose MIME messages and send all outgoing
- Twig is an open source template
engine for the PHP programming language by Fabien Potencier. It
focuses on being fast, secure, and flexible.
- We use Twig for Broadcast and Snippets functionality.
- jqPlot is a plotting and charting plugin
bar and pie charts with many features.
- We use jqPlot to draw charts on all the built-in reports.
- qTip is a tooltip plugin
for the jQuery framework.
- We use qTip to show tooltips on several reports.
- jQuery Validation
makes simple client-side form validation trivial, while offering lots
of option for customization. The plugin is written and maintained by
Jörn Zaefferer, a member of the jQuery team, lead developer on the
jQuery UI team and maintainer of QUnit.
- We use the jQuery Validation plugin to provide real-time form
validation throughout the interface.
- PHP Markdown is a PHP
library for converting lightweight
Markdown text into
- We provide Markdown as a format for writing knowledgebase
- Amazon S3 PHP
a PHP library by Donovan Schönknecht for working with Amazon’s
S3 web service.
- We use the Amazon S3 PHP Class to provide the option to use
Amazon’s S3 service as long-term storage for infrequently accessed
but heavy content (e.g. message content and attachments).
- IconExperience is one of the
leading sources for high-quality professional icons.
- We licensed many of the interface icons from IconExperience.
Official development team
- Jeff Standen is the founder of WebGroup Media LLC, contributing over 18 years of professional software development and online collaboration experience. He has been the lead developer of Cerberus Helpdesk (Cerb) since the first line of code was written in January 2002.
- Darren Sugita
- Dan Hildebrandt
- Scott Luther